6 TIPS TO REDUCE ENERGY CONSUMPTION IN YOUR SME
HOW TO REDUCE ENERGY CONSUMPTION IN A SME?
More and more companies are aware of the importance of energy saving and of contributing to the care of the environment through the intelligent consumption of the resources they use daily for the development of their activity.
The key to energy saving in SMEs, is based on adopting an efficient work mechanic integrating sustainable habits in work methods, products and services. According to the Energy Savings and Efficiency Action Plan 2011-2020 published by the Institute for Energy Diversification and Saving (IDAE), the practice of efficient consumption behaviors could save up to 20% of energy in companies.
AVOID UNNECESSARY CONSUMPTION
To avoid unnecessary energy consumption, Magnovent propose the following measures to implement in your business:
- First of all, it is necessary to do a study of the company’s existing electrical installation, since if it is old it may be in poor condition and have failures that will prevent the proper use of energy.
- It is essential to have a thermostat that regulates the temperature of the business so that we can control it. Likewise, we must know that for each degree that we increase heating or decrease cooling, energy consumption grows by 8% or even 10%.
- Taking advantage of the natural light that the company receives will help us reduce energy consumption of light, heating or other heat systems. If it is necessary to turn on the light, the use of LED bulbs will be the best option, since they allow to consume less energy and their duration is longer.
- Turn off electronic devices that are not being used and that are connected to the power supply. In addition, it is important to know that electronic equipment in standby mode continues to consume electricity.
- It is essential to review the operation of the air conditioning systems that exist in the company and replace them, if necessary, with others that ensure a reduction in energy consumption and maintenance costs.
- Use high efficiency technology in work systems, because when the electronic equipment is obsolete it spends more energy than a new one and requires more maintenance and repairs.
It should be noted that, the BOE published Royal Decree 56/2016, in which it established that companies must perform energy audits that indicate to employers how they can save on their businesses and how they can increase the efficiency of electrical appliances.
The implementation of these alternatives will allow companies to spend less and optimize energy consumption, as well as increase worker productivity.
Magnovent has the solution to reduce energy consumption in your SME
In Magnovent, we offer integral air conditioning solutions tailored to each client and situation, among which we highlight: the HVLS ventilation system, which allows to increase energy savings and efficiency by mixing and recirculating the air continuously, and the radiant heating system, through the installation of high intensity radiators to prevent the formation of hot air pockets.